How can you make even the most unsexy product irresistible and tantalizing to accountants, plumbers or lawyers?
What do seasoned copywriters think about when they start a new project or campaign, and how do they start their research?
What are the 3 copywriting mistakes you must avoid if you don’t want your prospects and customers to hate your copy?
In my interview with Copyblogger’s Senior Copyeditor Demian Farnworth, we discuss these questions and much more, including how exercise can spark creativity.
Demian has a wealth of experience as a copywriter and creative thinker, and has created awesome pieces of content for Salesforce, Hubspot, CrazyEgg, KISSmetrics, and many more companies.
This video is somewhat lengthy, but if you care about customers, copywriting, sales or marketing, you’ll enjoy the conversation.
If you don’t have time to watch everything, here’s a guide that can help you speed through the interview to some of the best parts:
- 6:07 How to thoroughly research your buyer persona/audience
- 7:02 Where to look for your copywriting “hook”
- 8:20 How to ramp up and systemize your copywriting process
- 10:00 Ways to be more creative with exercise
- 14:48 Copywriting Mistakes that can alienate your customers
- 18:30 How to make Unsexy Products Sexy
- 22:59 Our Favorite Hooks and Headlines
- 28:00 How Timing & Economics Affect Your Copywriting
- 28:40 Lessons from the Best Copywriters
- 34:10 Why You Need to Think About Personality & Psychology Whenever You Write
View the video below to watch the interview:
Be sure to check out Demian 4 days a week on his new podcast on Copyblogger. It’s called “Rough Draft.”