Does your copy capture your prospects’ attention? Do you know to the difference between writing for a blog and writing web page copy?
These costly writing mistakes will cause your readers to totally ignore or quickly click out of your copy.
So how do you transform your writing from bland to laser-targeted content that sparkles?
Join me as I interview copywriter extraordinaire Henneke Duistermaat, writing instructor and CEO of Enchanting Marketing, as we discuss some of the inside secrets of copywriting.
Henneke Duistermaat is an “irreverent copywriter and marketer” on a mission to “stamp out gobbledygook” in writing. She’s written two (5-star rated) books on writing and blogging, and has been an influence in the way I write.
Covered in this interview:
- 00:30 how to write engaging headlines that will increase conversions
- 02:36 why different kinds of content requires different writing styles
- 06:54 where to find specific ideas for enticing your prospects
- 09:45 a best practice for visualizing your audience as you write (this is an often-skipped step that will make a BIG difference in your writing)
- 22:27 an important editing secret that makes the difference between whether your copy is gold or garbage
- 23:27 best practices for final edits
- 30:50 my three ingredients for delicious and enticing copy
- ..and more! Watch it!
Books Mentioned in this Video:
- Blog to Win Business by Henneke Duistermaat
- How to Write Seductive Web Copy by Henneke Duistermaat
- Resonate by Nancy Duarte
- Everybody Writes by Ann Handley
Examples of Sparkling Copy:
- J Peterman
For more copywriting advice for improving your cold emails, check out Copywriting Secrets for Crafting Seductive Cold Emails.