I recently had the pleasure of speaking with Trish Bertuzzi, the President and Chief Strategist of The Bridge Group. If you don’t already know her, Trish is a highly respected and incredibly knowledgeable inside sales expert with more than 30 years of experience as a salesperson, managing sales teams and consulting B2B companies on improving their sales strategies. The American Association of Inside Sales Professionals (AA-ISP) has consistently named Trish one of the “Top 25 Most Influential Inside Sales Professionals” for four years in a row.
In one of my most interesting sales interviews I’ve had so far, Trish and I discuss important inside sales challenges, and what sales executives can do to proactively resolve them. Topics discussed range from product market fit issues to what most companies miss when trying to attract women to join their sales force. Join our lively conversation and see how your company can tackle major sales snafus and share successful sales strategies with proven results.
Here’s what we covered in this interview:
- 03:59 how to entice talented women to join your salesforce and avoid the turn-off mistakes so many companies are making
- 05:41 if you’re relying on your technology to engage customers, here’s a major shift to your thinking that will increase sales
- 06:40 the powerful sales benefit that resonates with prospects’ emotions much deeper than simply “faster and cheaper”
- 13:10 the secret every great inside sales rep needs to know about successful sales conversations
- 16:20 best practices for quickly training highly successful sales teams
- 25:37 try this method instead of spamming your prospects with emails they won’t read
- 32:59 hoping to break into the European market? don’t ignore these considerations or you will fail at expanding into new markets
..and more! Listen to the rest of the interview to hear other advice for ramping up your sales team and optimizing your outbound email campaigns.
For more information on Inside Sales, check out these free resources from the Bridge Group.
Books mentioned in the interview:
-The Must-React System: User’s Guide to Prospecting C-Suite Executives by Kraig Kleeman
-Predictable Revenue: Turn Your Business Into a Sales Machine with the $100 Million Best Practices of Salesforce.com by Aaron Ross
-Agile Selling: Get Up to Speed Quickly in Today’s Ever-Changing Sales World by Jill Konrath
-Inside Sales Experts